Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Yes, i am cycling again

My cycling has been as irregular as my postings here for 2008.
There were many reasons to it.
The main excuse was my other half's bout with the big C.
Now that she is at the end of her Radiotheraphy session and InsyaAllah on the road to recovery,my life should return to normal.
Over the last two months i have been inspired by a group of cyclist who frequents Putrajaya and who takes the opportunity to cycle here every other day.
Calling themselves the Putrajaya Easy Riders(PERs), their zest for cycling is a misnomer to their name Easy Riders.
They are led Pak Adib who is the oldest at the moment, just after retirement age, a few doctors coordinated by Dr Azmi and Dr Taufik,Muhamamd bin Ali, Samad, Muhaimy, Won, Razi, Azhar, Dr Rapi, Dr Azren, Prof Dr Fuad and Sani, Alan, Prof Dr Jaafar, and one girl Aliff.(There are some more names that i have yet to meet.)
I join them in their Putrajaya Morning Ride (PMR), Putrajaya Night Ride (PNR) and Putrajaya Evening Ride (PER). The minimum distance covered is 20 km.
The mode of riding is light and easy using MTB.

Since Putrajaya is my kampong, i take it as an honour to ride with them and show them the various hidden tracks and routes available here.

Now that there is another monthly Putrajaya Critical Mass on every last Friday Night of the month, i am obliged too to join in.

I hope i will ride as often as i can for 2009.

4 comments:

ARZ said...

OP Azudin,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good that you plan to cycle regularly now. Do you still harbor your goal of cycling home to your kampong? Why dont you plan it for 2009?

The Kutus indeed missed OP Zubir

Queen Of The House said...

Abang Din ... I have been reading your entries on cycling in your other blog as well. It sounds very interesting and seems like something "doable" for me as a form of exercise. I mean, kalau start pun, kenalah (very) slow-slow dulu. I am shamefully admitting I absolutely do not exercise and it's really about time I do :P How did you start to get involved with PER? Hmmm ... wonder if there's something similar in my area.

aofuad said...

Na,
The first hurdle is conquered.
By virtue that you have shown an interest is something positive.
Cycling is a family activity.
I will connect you to some friends of mine who stays at Kemensah Height, who started cycling two years ago and they are very friendly with new riders. They cycle with their family and their age group is older than you. But do not be deceived by their age!!
You are most welcomed to cycle in Putrajaya, where the place is tailored made for cycling and jogging and walking.

Queen Of The House said...

I have yet to get a bike, haha. We have none in the family .... tak beli sebab takut my son (who's 11) merayau ronda-ronda. You knowlah how boys are. He once got lost at Ulu Rening with his 7 yr-old brother and 12 yr-old cousin! My husband and my SIL had to go pick them and their bikes up (we were visiting in Batang Kali) sebab dah lepas maghrib, and they don't know the way back. It was about 7km away, jalan kampung, sungai etc..

I used to love bicycling ... so now it's a toss between jogging/walking or riding a bike. When I am all ready, insyaallah, I will get help from you :D

Salam Maal Hijrah.