Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The year is coming to an end

In less than 24 hours, a new year will unveil.
We will welcome the year 2009.
I am still awake at 0130 hrs on the last day of the year 2008.
Could not sleep after reaching home at midnight after completing about 20 km with my new cycling group, the Putrajaya Easy Riders (PERs).
Since i will be ushering the new year tomorrow night cycling along the yet to be open DUKE-Duta Ulu Klang Expressway with another cycling group, the GEDEBE cycling group led by a senior of mine OP Wan Sabri, i thought it is better for me to write this last entry in my blog for this year-2008.

Looking at what i have written here for this year, it seems that i have been extremely busy.Too little entry!!!

My purpose of creating this blog was to record some thoughts which i thought would be amusing, if it it seen from a second opinion or second angle.

Take cycling for example.
Not many 50 plus guys does it.
Only a selected few suddenly don tights that seems rather revealing and take to the open road.
It became an obsession that, they can't do without riding to the extent that they even cycle at night!!

So to me it is like falling in love again, with my first love as a boy, i,e, cycling.
I belief others of my age group are discovering that too.
Some of their bikes cost more than their golf set, and some cost more than a Kancil!!

I am just excited about sharing this long lost love with others.
I am excited to see the changes that cycling has done to their health.
I am also excited that at this age of mine, i have found friends who share a healthy habit.
Cycling is fun.
And we can cycle 365 days in a year without any weather restrictions.

Since i live in Putrajaya, which is made for cycling, it is a waste if i do not use the facilities.

One of my aim is to make Putrajaya-The Cycling Capital of the World-by Choice.
I know Beijing has more bikes than us, but they do not have a choice, but to cycle, whereas in Putrajaya we have many other choices, but yet we choose to cycle. InsyaAllah.

Do i have a resolution?
Well, nothing definitive, except that my wife and i have set our mind to perform our obligations, the Umrah and Haj.InsyaAllah the path will be clear.

Looking forward to a good year ahead,

No comments: