Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Sacrifice-Korban

Alhamdulillah i spent my day helping out the korban process of
my Surau Ar Rahman at Presint 16.
No i did not korban this year, only my time and effort was korban'ed.
Managed to get back home at about 1645 hrs.
The fatigue of it all is about 30 km worth of cycling.
Anyway no complain, and i knew that the pahala gathered is well worth it.
InsyaAllah from next year onwards i will definitely do my korban proper inclusive of the korban fatigue duty.
I think this is a better way of just spending the Raya Korban by eating and being in front of the tv.
Hari raya Korban is not about being joyous and beraya the traditional way. It is meant as a remembrance of the Sacrifice by Prophet Ibrahim and his son Prophet Ismail.
The least i can do is get some blood on my hand and get to use my 60 years old scout knife again.

1 comment:

KotaStar said...

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you will have time to brouse some of the things I have written. Glad you are in contact and pl send more news re yr other half.
pak Non