Wednesday, April 29, 2009

On the move since Umrah

Wow, since coming back from Umrah on 12th April, i have been on the move.
Have not managed to stand still eversince.
I am not complaining and i am enjoying every moment of my renewed vigour and enthuasiasm...
I did have a bit of a chesty cough problem, but that has since disappeared.
I am down to below 90 kg and it is definitely going down.
Just got a new mountain bike, albeit second hand, but it has the top of the range component, XTR and it is definitely lighter than my other mtbs...in fact it is as light as my Bianchi road bike...
I have decided that my weekends will be spent on criss crossing off roads trails and my week days nights will be on my road bikes.
The reason is simple.
On weekdays my cycling time is limited to the well lighted streets of Putrajaya starting after Isyak, about 9.30 pm and can last till about midnight.
My Putrajaya E Riders cycling schedule is fixed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday Night Ride.
On Saturday, we will try to cycle away from Putrajaya and on Sunday we try to remain in Putrajaya because there will be newcomers who wants to ride in Putrajaya.
The second reason is because the characteristic of mtb and rb is different.
On rb, i need to really concentrate and i can go very fast, leaving me with less opportunity to look left and right and enjoy the view.
I need to cycle on very even tarmac with no potholes.
Whereas on mtb, i can criss cross anywhere i like.
I can also slow down and admire the view and smell the flowers and look at the nice scenery.
It is also less stressfull and i do not need to really concentrate on the road whilst cycling. (to be continued)

1 comment:

Joseph said...

There are many agents who provide complete guideline if you book cheap umrah packages and they also manage your visits towards holy and historical places.