Thursday, January 04, 2007

My First Book of The Year

Whilst i was waiting for my 2015 flight at Langkawi Airport yesterday,i got myself my first book for the year..Although it is an old book, nonetheless, i remember skimming/reading through it a very long time ago when i was still very young...i said skimming/reading through,because i did not actually read it per se..the book in it's original form is in Bahasa Melayu...
So in actual fact i did not read the old book then. The title of the book is all too familiar and the recognised author too was the father of my wife's classmate from Jitra, Kedah.
He was a famous son from Jitra,from where i grew up, beside the small path of Salleh Khan rubber trees and the padi fields behind the government office up on the hill along Jalan Changloon....
The English version is called Mental Revolution...as usual i skimmed through, the moment i got the book, managing to reach Chapter 11 by the time the plane landed...
And just before i wrote this i skimmed through the Conclusion chapter of the book and the last line is all encompassing
about what the Mental Revolution is all about...Quote" <strong>Before we can attain this progress, we must first change our attitudes to open the way to it. This is what the mental revolution ia all about."Unquote.
And that is exactly what i wanted to do this year, if i had not done so in some areas...Change my attitude to certain things that have dragged me down or impeded my advance...

Don't be shy to get the book and go through it.
It can make a world of a difference...

No comments: