Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Ramadan in Hospital

Many things happened since my last posting.
Too many to list down here.
Today is my 9th day of breaking the fast in a hospital,HUKM.
Alhamdullilah i am in the best of health as i normally am,in the month of Ramadan.
My other half is a bit down and was admitted on the first day of Ramadan.
Her new chemo regimentation, which started two weeks before Ramadan took it's toll and she needed blood transfusion
and her fever was on and off. To top it all,her throat was sore, and she could not even swallow drops of water.
Today ,she is a bit better and can manage to eat bits of food with ease.
Anyway,she is very restless and wanted to go home.
The doctors at the Oncology Ward,is holding her for another day or two,just to be sure that her blood is ok..

I did not enquire much in details as to the medical specifications of her current ailment.
As to my understanding,the cancer is affecting her bone marrow, or something to do with her blood getting lower every 2-3 months.
Henced the Oncologist, has prescribed 18 cycles of chemotheraphy,with one every week.
She managed two cycles only.
Not sure whether the balance will be carried out..they are still thinking..hopefully.
I leave it to them to do the thinking besides leaving it to the will of Allah Taala.
I can only pray.

No comments: