Sunday, March 01, 2009

Alhamdullillah-i am ok-boleh kayuh today






This morning i sms to my PERs member Muhaimy that i could not make it for the Sunday PMR.
Somehow, after that i took a quick shower and dressed up to try and test whether i can cycle around the house.
Well that short ride took me about 25 km and i managed to cycle with my wife to Pullman Hotel near PICC.
That was also her first ride on the hybrid Proton T-Sprint R specially assembled for her..
After her 25 km she told me that the bike is really light and it was not tiring.
That means she can accompany me next Sunday on my ride along the padi fields of Tanjung Karang Kuala Selangor with my Putrajaya E Riders gang...
Alhamdullillah, my immobility was short lived.
The pain is still there and my movement is restricted, but at least it is not the real slip disc.
The short immobility taught me a few valuable lessons and the 48 hours that i was lying flat on my back was a blessing from Allah the Almighty that anything can happen at the split of a second.
Life is too short to take for granted.
My experience in immobility is only a tiny weeny fraction of those who have endured worst.
They have undergone more...
The next time i see someone immobile, i will at least react differently...

1 comment:

ARZ said...

Glad you are back on your feet, or rather on the saddle.

Last night I got a call from LtKol Bakar.